Ansor accesses untapped investment opportunities in the high growth UK SME sector:
- There are 2.5 million UK companies with fewer than 250 employees (compared to only 7,000 companies with more than 250 employees). These companies account for £1.75trn revenue (45% of total company revenues) and 15.6m jobs (66% of all private sector jobs)
- There are c.22,000 high growth UK SMEs with £1-20m turnover and >20% annual growth. These companies account for almost 20% of all UK economic growth and create 1 in 3 of all new UK jobs
Ansor builds platforms in sectors where there are attractive market characteristics and where the team has differentiated strategic and operational expertise.
Ansor operates across a range of sectors that includes business services, energy efficiency, property services and specialist manufacturing.
Ansor will develop further platforms in sectors including engineering services, HR services, environmental services, hospitality and events, healthcare related manufacturing and precision engineering.
Ansor acquires controlling stakes in established, cash generative UK based businesses, typically
- £1 – 20m repeatable, growing revenues
- Sustainable EBIT margins >10%
- Operating in growing but highly fragmented sectors (allowing roll-up strategies)
- Entrepreneurial and professional leadership teams, incentivised through equity participation in the portfolio companies
Ansor's proven value creation methodology builds market leading platforms
- Developing and executing growth strategies, building on the Ansor team’s expertise in marketing and sales
- Leveraging advanced but established technologies into the businesses
- Professionalising management, governance and reporting
At the appropriate time, Ansor seeks exits to trade or private equity acquirors, at valuations that reflect the increased scale, profitability, professionalism and strategic re-positioning of the businesses.